Twelve Open Seats in Town Government as April's Election Approaches
Residents who are interested in running for an open seat in government for the Town of Westwood can fill out nomination papers from now through Friday, March 4, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Open seats will be available for the following positions:
- Board of Assessors ( 1 seat, 3 year term)
- Collector of Taxes (1 seat, 1 year term to fill vacancy)
- Library Trustee (2 seats, 3 year terms)
- Moderator (1 seat, 1 year term)
- Planning Board (2 seats, 3 year terms; and 1 seat, 1 year term to fill vacancy)
- School Committee (2 seats, 3 year terms)
- Select Board (1 seat, 3 year term)
- Sewer Commission ( 1 seat, 3 year term)
Residents can obtain nomination papers in the Office of Town Clerk, by appointment. Nomination papers must be submitted by Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Zoom training sessions for candidates will be held on three dates in January and February. Additional information for interested candidates is available here.
The annual Town Election will be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.