Westwood Minute Community Conduct Guidelines (Updated)
Dear Westwood Minute Community,
Your voices are important and wonderful to hear, and you are invited to put your voice into words on this platform. Please feel free to share your news, events, and opinions on topics of interest to our community. Go ahead and post your comments and reply to what others have posted.
Let's cooperate to keep this an open, civil platform that is welcoming to all points of view and useful to readers. Please keep in mind a few guidelines when posting articles and comments:
1. State your opinion/reply/comment respectfully.
2. Give other community members the benefit of a doubt. You deserve the same.
3. Keep comments constructive and argue the issue, rather than attack the person. Arguing against a person's position is fine, but please avoid name calling.
4. Disagreeing, taking an unpopular position, or arguing a point are NOT reasons for removal. Westwood Minute is very reluctant to remove any comments and posts -- free speech and open debate is important, along with the practice of engaging in constructive disagreements. However, personal attacks, profanity, self-serving promotions, and discriminatory or inflammatory remarks are subject to removal.
5. Confusing posts may be removed to keep postings relevant and useful to readers, but again, the goal is to avoid removing any postings whenever possible.
6. Westwood Minute seeks to publish and highlight news and events of local interest that inform and are accessible to the community. As such, there is no cost to register for an account to post community information. However, please try to keep and news and event postings to happenings that can be accessed by our community at an entry cost of around $35 or less per person. Some flexibility may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, especially for non-profit organizations. However, postings that are not primarily informational and which have excessive access fees may be considered self-serving promotions. As such, they may be removed. Consider advertising as an alternative, and contact WestwoodInAMinute@gmail.com for assistance with rates, design, and/or posting.
7. If you have any questions or concerns, reach out and email WestwoodInAMinute@gmail.com.
Thanks for being part of the Westwood Minute community!
Updated 9/28/2023 at 9:33 p.m. This information was originally posted as a public notice on 4/25/2023 at 10:20 p.m.