Westwood Dentist Named Among “10 Under Ten” by the Massachusetts Dental Society
SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass.—May 18, 2022—Jonathan Batlle, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Westwood, MA, has been recognized by the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) as one of the "10 Under Ten" for 2023. Established in 2005 by the MDS, the annual recognition highlights the diversity of new dentists in Massachusetts and their impact on the dental profession.
To qualify, dentists must have graduated from dental school within the past ten years, be an MDS member, and made significant contributions to the profession, their community, and organized dentistry.
“My mother and father were the main reason that I chose dentistry as a career. My father is a dentist, and my mother is a hygienist, so I have been immersed in the profession my entire life. It wasn’t until I went on my first dental mission trip to Ecuador that I committed to pursuing dentistry as a career. I assisted my father with extracting a tooth from a child that was in significant pain. The overwhelming gratitude expressed by the child’s mother really opened my eyes to the impact that dentistry can make in the world,” Dr. Batlle shared.
Dr. Batlle's residency experience with the Fenway Community Health Center shaped who he is as a dentist today and helped him realize the importance of equal care for all. There he worked with highly skilled dentists and treated patients of varying backgrounds, including many patients from the LGBTQ community. His work there solidified his belief that everyone is entitled to their own health and well-being no matter their race, gender, ethnicity, or financial status.
Currently, a resident of Chestnut Hill, MA, Dr. Batlle earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. He spins records as a DJ in his spare time.
The complete list of 10 Under Ten honorees includes:
- Sama Abdul-Aziz, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Boston, MA
- Jonathan Batlle, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Westwood, MA
- Joshua Hurlburt, DDS, pediatric dentist practicing in Newton Centre, MA
- Manish Juneja, DMD, a general dentist practicing in New Bedford, MA
- Justine Karanian, DMD, a general dentist practicing in South Deerfield, MA
- Hongsheng Liu, DMD, an endodontist practicing in Methuen, MA
- Kyle Medeiros, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Fall River, MA
- Anisha Pandya, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Boston, MA (formerly)
- Samantha Parad, DMD, RN, a general dentist practicing in Boston, Brighton, and Wakefield, MA
- Daniel Tracy, DDS, a general dentist practicing in Seekonk, MA
The dentists are featured in the Spring 2023 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society and were honored earlier this year at Yankee Dental Congress 2023. Yankee is New England’s largest dental meeting and is presented by the MDS in cooperation with the dental societies of Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Thanks to the Massachusetts Dental Society for contributing this news to Westwood Minute.